- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 diced medium yellow or sweet onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 (16 oz) box medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 1 (24 oz) jar pasta sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks and softened
- Add olive oil to the inner pot of an Instant Pot. Turn on to “Saute” mode. Add onion and ground beef. Cook until no longer pink. Drain off any excess grease. Turn Instant Pot off.
- Add Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes and tomato paste to the beef mixture. Stir together.
- Add shell pasta on top of ground beef mixture. Pour pasta sauce and water on top of shells. Do not stir, but press shells down into liquid with the back of a spoon.
- Place lid on Instant Pot. Be sure valve set to “sealing”. Set to cook on HIGH for 5 minutes.
- Do a manual pressure release. Stir in Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Serves 6.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian