- 3 cups basamati rice or other desired type of rice
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk (I used full fat)
- 1 1/4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- zest from 1 lime **see note
- Rice the 3 cups of rice with water under water is clear and not milky. Drain rice the best you can.
- Add rice to the Instant Pot along with the coconut milk, chicken broth, lime zest and sugar. Stir together to combine.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal. Cook on high for 6 minutes. Then allow a natural pressue release for 10 minutes. Then release any remaining pressure manually. Fluff rice with a for and serve. Makes 6 cups of cooked rice.
Omit lime zest if just coconut rice is desired.
- Category: Rice
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian