- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled & diced into 1/2 inch cubes (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sour cream
- chopped green onion
- grated cheddar Cheese
- bacon bits
- Turn the Instant Pot on to saute and add the butter. Once the butter melts, add the onion and saute until translucent.
- Add the flour and stir for about 30 seconds. Turn off the saute mode. Pour in the chicken stock and de-glaze the pot. Stir unit the flour is blended in with the chicken broth.
- Add the potato cubes. Put the lid and cook on manual for 3 minutes.
- Allow a natural pressure release for 10 mins. Then do a quick release to release any extra pressure.
- Turn on to the saute function and add the milk, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes to thicken. Turn off saute mode.
- Add the sour cream, heavy cream, and cheddar cheese. Mix well until combined well.
- Serve soup topped with desired garnishes. Serves 4.