- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs stew meat
- 1 lb potatoes, peel and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 medium carrots, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch + 1 Tbsp cold water
- Turn the Instant Pot on to the saute. When the display says HOT add in the olive oil along with the meat in one layer and let it brown for 5 minutes on one side. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes on the other side.
- Turn off the pot and pour in the beef broth. Scrape up all the browned bits on the bottom of the pot. Mix in the salt, sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add in all the vegetables and pour in the can of crushed tomatoes over them. Don’t stir.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot making sure the valve is turned to seal. Push the meat/stew button and adjust the time to 30 minutes. If your pot doesn’t have a meat/stew button, then set to manual for 30 minutes.
- Allow the pressure release naturally for at least 10 minutes and switch to a manual release or if you have more time you can do a full natural pressure release.
- Remove the lid and stir. If the stew needs thickening, stir together 1 Tbsp of cornstarch with 1 Tbsp of cold water in a small bowl. Stir the mixture into the stew and turn the pot onto the saute. Stir until stew and cook for about a minute until thickened. Serves 4-5.