- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can Roasted Garlic Cream of Mushroom Soup or regular cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- Turn the instant pot on to saute.
- Add the ground beef and onion to the pot. Cook until beef is fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add the soup, water and carrots to the pot. Stir until combined.
- Add in the the rice on top. Push it down so it is submerged under the liquid.
- Put the lid on and make sure the valve is set to seal. Cook on manual for 6 minutes.
- Allow a quick release by turning the valve. Stir everything together and add the cheese or pop it in a dish and cover with cheese then place under the broiler. Serves 4-5.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes + time to come to pressure
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot, beef, rice