- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 cups frozen southern style hash browns
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray six 10 oz ramekins with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt 2 Tbsp of the butter. Mix in the onion and carrots. Cook over medium heat until onion is tender. Remove from heat and mix in hash browns, peas, and chicken; set aside.
- In a lage sauce pan, melt the remaining 6 Tbsp of butter. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Whisk in flour and cook 1-2 minutes until mixture turns a light brown.
- Then whisk in the chicken broth to the flour mixture creating a sauce. Continue whisking and cooking the sauce until begins to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sauce to the chicken/vegetable mixture and stir to combine. Divide mixture evenly between prepared ramekins.
- Cut puff pastry into 6 pieces and place a piece of puffed on top of each ramekin. Cut 2 vents in the top of each puff pastry.
- Place in the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes until crust is golden brown. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Serves 6.