- 6 Tbsp canola
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 large honeycrisp apple
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup goat, feta, gorgonzola, or bleu cheese
- 1/3 sugared pecan**see note
- For the dressing, whisk or blend all ingredients together. (I like to mix mine in a Blender bottle) Chill until ready to use.
- For the salad, rinse, chop and dry the lettuce. Dice the apple.
- Place the chopped lettuce in a large bowl with a lid. Pour half of the dressing over the lettuce. Place the lid on the bowl, and shake to toss. Divide the lettuce between two or three individual bowls.
- Top the lettuce with the chopped apple, cheese of your choice, dried cranberries, crumbled bacon, and pecans. Seve addtional dressing on the side as needed for taste. Seves 2-3.
For the sugared pecans: use 2 Tbsp butter, 1 cup pecan pieces and, 2 Tbsp brown sugar. In a medium skillet, melt the butter. Add in the pecans and stir to coat. Add in the brown sugar, stir to coat. Cook for 2-5 minutes until pecans are well coated with the sugar. Line a cook sheet with parchment and pour out pecans to cool.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American