- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk (I used skim milk)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease or line a standard sized 12 cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs until just beaten. Then whisk in honey, sour cream, and milk until blended. Then slow drizzle in the butter while whisking until combined.
- Add liquid mixture to the dry mixture and stir together with a spoon just until combined and all the flour is moist. Do not over mix.
- Divide batter between prepared muffin tin. Bake at 400 degrees for 14-18 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes. Remove and serve.