- 3 lbs chicken tenders
- 2 cup buttermilk divided
- 3 cups flour
- 4 Tbsp seasoned salt
- Canola Oil
- Place chicken in a large bowl, add buttermilk and allow to sit in 1 1/2 cups of the buttermilk for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix the flour and seasoned salt together. Then begin to drizzle the remaining 1/2 cup buttermilk into the flour while mixing it with a fork. You may not need all of the buttermilk. This is how you create the bigger pieces of breading for the strips. You want little clumps throughout the mixture.
- Preheat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Remove a few of the tenders from the buttermilk and coat in the flour mixture. once coated place on a large platter or cookie sheet. Continue until all pieces are coated.
- Cook in hot oil for around 1 1/2 minute per side until golden brown. Remove from oil and place on a platter lined with paper towels. You can sprinkle with a little extra seasoned salt if desired.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces. Serves 6.