- 4 1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 1/4 cups milk (I used skim)
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 3/4 pound (12 OZ) Velveeta, cubed
- In a large stock pot, combine the potatoes, water, celery, carrots, onion, and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add 1 1/4 cup on the milk to the vegetable mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 cup of milk until smooth. Slowly add the flour/milk mixture into vegetable mixture while stirring. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in parsley, salt, pepper, and cheese until cheese is melted.