Click here to get your WW Personal Points for this recipe.
- 2 Tbsp Land O Lakes Light butter spread with canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 (14 oz) cans chicken broth
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, uncooked and diced
- 1 (6 oz) pkg. Uncle Ben’s Long Grain & Wild Rice
- 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup fat free half and half
- Turn on the sauté mode on the Instant Pot. Add in the butter until melted. Add in the onion, carrot, and celery. Cook while stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken broth, chicken, wild rice with it’s seasoning packet, and parsley.
- Lock lid in place, use manual high pressure for 5 minutes. When cook time ends, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, then finish with a quick pressure release. Remove lid.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the 2 Tbsp water. Turn on to sauté and mix in the cornstarch while stirring constantly.
- Add cubed cream cheese, and stir until cheese is melted. Add milk and half and half and heat through, but do not bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Makes 6 servings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes plus time to come to pressure
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American