- 1 jar (24 oz.) Classico® Creamy Spinach and Parmesan Seasonal Sauce
- 18 jumbo shell pasta
- 1/2 pound sweet or hot italian-style bulk sausage
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven 350°F. Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions and drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium high heat, brown sausage, onions and garlic for 5 to 6 minutes, or until cooked through, stirring until small sausage crumbles form. Add Pasta Sauce and stir until well mixed.
- Spoon half of sauce mixture evenly into bottom of 13×9 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg. Stuff each shell with about 2 Tbsp. of cheese mixture. Arrange stuffed shells in baking dish and spoon remaining sauce mixture evenly on top.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and parsley on top. Bake for additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.