- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 (8 oz) pkg sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 2 (1.2 oz) pkg brown gravy mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper. Once mixture is combine shape into 4 patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties until brown on both sides. Remove patties from skillet and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and onions to the same skillet and cook until tender.
- In a bowl, whisk together the gravy mix and water and pour into the skillet with the mushrooms and onions. Bring to a boil.
- The add the patties back into the skillet and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 8 minutes or until the internal temperature of the patties is 160 degrees. Serves 4.