- 1–2 tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 6 croissants
- 1/2 (6.5 oz) container garlic and herb spreadable cheese
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced deli ham (I used black forest)
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami, cut circles in half
- 6 slices provolone cheese, cut circles in half
- 6 leaves of red lettuce
- Place tomatoes in a small container along with Italian dressing. Place in the fridge and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour but longer is even better.
- Slice croissants in half. Spread top half of each croissant with the garlic and herb spreadable cheese.
- On the bottom half, layer sandwich ingredients beginning with provolone followed by ham, salami, and lettuce.
- Place top of croissants on each sandwich. Wrap each sandwich well with plastic wrap and refrigerate until picnic time. This can be done as early as the night before.
- To serve, unwrap sandwiches and place marinated tomatoes on the sandwiches.