- 2 pkg (10 oz each) frozen puff pastry shells ** see note
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules or Better Than Boullion (this is what I used)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1–1/2 cups milk (I used skim)
- 3 slices process American cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed, optional(I left this out)
- 1 can (2-1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained (Next time I’d do mushrooms instead)
- 2 Tbsp diced pimientos
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Dissolve bouillon in the 1/2 cup hot water.
- Slowly add milk and bouillon/water mixture to the saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add the cheese, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Add the ham, peas if desired, olives (mushrooms), pimientos and parsley; heat through. Serve in pastry shells. Yield: 6 servings.
Note: this can also be served over toast point of biscuits.