- 8 oz. egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 finely diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 ½ cups beef broth
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 3/4 cups shredded cheese
- Prepare egg noodles for one minute less than instructed on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven for 375 degrees.
- In a large pot, brown the ground beef and onion together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for about minute, until fragrant. Remove beef from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan you browned the beef, add the butter to the pan and swirl around until melted.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add in half of the beef broth and whisk until incorporated, then add the second half.
- Mix in the sour cream, mustard, and 3/4 cup of the cheese until well-combined. (Sour cream will keep melting and will eventually incorporate into the mix.) Allow mixture to simmer for 3-5 minutes, until thickened. Add the ground beef back to the sauce.
- Pour into a 9×13 dish and top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is hot and melted. Serves 4-5.