- 1 lb. ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red or green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp steak sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4–6 Sub/Brat Buns (I used the brat buns from Costco. The number of buns used will depend on how full you want your sandwich)
- 4–6 slices of provolone (double that amount if you really like cheese)
- In a large skillet, brown beef until fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from skillet and set aside leaving any fat from the cooking process in the pan.
- Add onion, pepper, and mushrooms to the pan and cook veggies in fat until tender. If needed you can add a Tablespoon of butter.
- Return beef back to the skillet with the vegetables. Add the steak sauce and beef broth. Reduce heat until liquid reduces to half and thickens.
- Place buns on a baking sheet and top with a slice of provolone. Broil until cheese is melted and bun is toasted. Spoon some of the meat mixture into each of the toasted buns. Makes 4-6 sandwiches.