- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 (28 oz) can red enchilada sauce
- 6 burrito sized flour tortillas
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz shredded pepper jack cheese
- optional toppings – sliced olives, diced green onion, sour cream, guacamole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown beef along with onion and peppers util beef is fully cooked and onion is tender. Mix in salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Pour half of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Place a rounded 1/3 cup of the meat mixture into each tortilla along with some of the pepper jack cheese. Roll up and place in the pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the filled tortillas. Sprinkle with any remaining pepper jack cheese and all of the cheddar cheese.
- Cover with a piece of foil spayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve topped with desired toppings. Makes 6 servings.