- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce (your favorite kind)
- 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Place the mayonnaise in a small bowl. Mix until smooth and lumps are gone. Then add the bbq sauce and blend until smooth. Set aside to use as a dipping sauce.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. While the grill preheats, cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices. This is easy using a mandolin, but if you don’t have one a knife will do the job too.
- Place the potatoes in a gallon sized freezer bag. Add the oil to the bag and seal closed. Toss the potatoes around in the sealed bag until well coated with the oil.
- Open the bag and sprinkle in the smoked paprika and salt. Seal the bag again and toss the potatoes until the salt and paprika are nice and even distributed on the potato slices.
- Remove the potato slice from the bag and place directly on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side. Keep an eye on them so they don’t get overcooked. You want them tender on the inside when pierced with a fork, but slightly crisp and golden brown on the outside.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately with the bbq dipping sauce. Serves 4-5.