- Vegetable oil, for frying (I used canola)
- 2 to 3 large zucchini or 3 to 4 smallish zucchini, cut into 1/4 to 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- Parmesan cheese
- ranch dressing or marinara/spaghetti sauce
- Measure flour into a pie plate. In another pie plate combine panko and salt and pepper, to taste. In a third plate add eggs and water. Dredge the zucchini in the flour, followed by the egg wash and finally in the panko. Press crumbs into the zucchini rounds.
- Working in batches, place the breaded zucchini slices in the hot oil and fry until golden brown (I just did this in a large frying pan) , 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined sheet tray and immediately season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with Parmesan if you like. The serve with ranch dressing or marinara/spaghetti sauce.