- 12 chicken tenders
- olive oil
- 2 zucchinis , sliced into half moons
- 2 bell peppers , any color, cut into chunks (I used an equal amount of mini ppeppers so I could get 3 colors of peppers)
- 1/2 pineapple , peeled and cut into spears
- 1 red onion , cut into chunks
- For the teriyaki sauce:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp apple cider
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Coconut Rice (I have a recipe for the Instant Pot or the rice cooker)
- In a sauce pan, whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat to a bowl for 1 minute or so until thickened. Set aside.
- In a bowl, drizze the vegetables with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss until coated with the oil. Now if you choose the grill basket for cooking the veggies – place in the grill basket and grill until tender. If you are going for the oven version place on a baking sheet and cook at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until tender, stirring half way through cooking. Keep warm.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Coo the chicken on the grill alson with the pineapple. They should both takes about 2 minutes per side. The pineapple may cook a little faster.
- To serve, ad a scoop of coconut rice to the botton to a bowl. Top with 2 chicken tenders, a couple of pineapple spears and a spoonful of veggies. The drizzle with the teriyaki sauce and enjoy. Serves 6.
- Category: chicken
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Hawaiian