- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 hot dogs
- 3 cups shredded mixture of monterey jack and cheddar cheeses
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- ketchup and mustard, if desired
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Open each hot dog bun and roll flat with a rolling pin. Spread the inside of each bun with 1 Tbsp butter. Place it on the skillet, butter side down, and sprinkle top evenly with about ⅓ cup shredded cheese.
- In the meantime, cook the hot dogs as desired. I like them cooked on my grill or slice each hot dog lengthwise to where it’s still connected, but will lay flat on a skillet. Cook flat side down in the skillet for 2 minutes on the flat side or until it starts to brown then flip and cook the other minute on the other side. Transfer the hot dog to one side of the bun.
- Close bun over hot dog and serve with ketchup and mustard if desired for dipping.