- 2 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 – 18 inch long piece of heavy duty foil
- 1 (8 oz) pkg sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- garlic salt
- 4 toasted hamburger buns
- mayonaise and dijon mustard for serving
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and gorgonzola cheese together.
- Shape beef in 8 (4-inch) patties.
- Spoon the cheese mixture evenly into the center of 4 of the patties. Top with the remaining 4 patties. Press edges together to seal in the cheese. Cover patties and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- When patties are done chilling, preheat grill to about 350 to 400 degrees (medium to medium-high heat).
- Place mushroom on half the sheet of foil. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp melted butter and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Fold over foil to form a pouch and tightly seal edges.
- Season patties with garlic salt and pepper. Grill patties on preheated grill, covered for about 5-6 minutes per side. At the same time, grill mushrooms in foil packet for 10 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking (about the same time you turn the burgers).
- Serve patties on toasted buns with mayonaise and dijon mustard along with the mushrooms. Serves 4.