- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.5 oz) box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1/2 cup orange juice (The recipe also said pineapple juice will work. I would think lemon and lime would also work)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream (can use reduced fat)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice (or same juice you used in the cake)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 cube)
- Mix yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding and poppy seeds. Add juice, oil, and sour cream and mix.
- Add 4 eggs one at a time, mix well. Grease and flour a bundt pan.(I found that Pam baking spray works best for this and your bundt will not stick to the pan. Make sure you get the “baking kind”.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes (don’t over bake).When the cake is done start the glaze (recipe below). Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes.
- For the glaze -Bring ingredients to a boil and keep bubbling until ready to brush on cake.
- One cake has cooled for the 10 minutes, brush the bottom of the cake with some of the glaze. Then invert cake on to a cooling rack.
- Place a cookie sheet under the cooking rack and brush remaining glaze all over the cake. Allow cake to cool for a little more (about 50 minutes) and then serve.