- In the bowl of stand mixer, add the yeast, water, and 1 Tbsp of the sugar.
- In a sauce pan, add the remaining sugar, milk, salt, and butter together. Heat to lukewarm.
- Add the egg to the yeast mixture and combine.
- Then add in the milk mixture along with the flour. Stir until combined. Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- With the dough hook, knead the dough for 5 minutes.
- on a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into 24 pieces. Roll out each piece into an 8 inch rope and tie into a knot. Cover and let rise for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees and combine the garlic, butter, and parsley for the topping together in a bowl.
- Once the knots have risen, brush with the butter mixture and then sprinkle with parmesan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 2 dozen knots.