- 1 watermelon
- wooden bbq skewers
- 1 head of lettuce (like endive, arugula, radichio – I used green leaf)
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 artichoke
- 4 stalks of asparagus
- 1 bunch green onion, whites trimmed off
- 3–4 kiwi
- 6 multi colored mini peppers, tops trimmed off
- See which end of the watermelon will allow the watermelon to stand up, this will be the base of the flower vase. Then cut down about 1/3 of the way from the top of the watermelon.
- Using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out about 1/2 of the watermelon creating your vase. Save the excess water melon to eat!
- Then lay the lettuce around the inside the vase. You want it to hang over the edges of the vase.
- Trim off the end of the artichoke and insert a skewer into the base. Then slide a green onion over the skewer to cover it. You want it to look like a green flower stem. Place the skewered artichoke in the center of the watermelon vase.
- Place toothpicks into the bottom of the asparagus stalks. Place them in the vase securing with the toothpicks.
- Then take the kale and arrange pieces of it into the vase. The stalks are sturdy, but if needed place toothpick at the end of the stalks to secure in the vase.
- Cut the kiwis in half. Place each half on the end of a skewer and cover the skewer with a green onion. Arrange the kiwi flowers in the vase securing with the skewers.
- Place the peppers on skewers to create a flower, covering each skewer with a green onion. Arrange in the vase securing with a skewer.