- 1–2 fresh pineapples (I used just one large pineapple)
- 2 cucumbers
- 3 radishes
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 grape tomatoes
- 2 green onions
- 1 baby carrot
- 2 blueberries
- 2 large wooden skewers
- plate or platter
- Cut the pineapple into a block removing the rind. Then cut the block of pineapple in half widthwise. Then cut one of the halves in half creating the 2 feet of the robot.
- Place the feet on the plate or platter you plan on having him on. Place the 2 wooden skewers in the pineapple feet. The skewers will help make his legs.
- Trim off one end of the cucumbers. Then for the second ends trim off about a 2 inch piece. Set aside the 2 inch pieces. You will use these later. Discard the other ends.
- Place a cucumber on each skewer creating the legs of the robot. Take the remaining block of pineapple and slice in half lengthwise. Place one block on top of the cucumbers to make the robot body. Place the pineapple pieces on top of each other to finish the body and secure with toothpicks if needed.
- Take 1 of the reserved 2 inch pieces of cucumber and use it to create the robot neck securing with a toothpick.
- Cut the butternut squash into a block creating the robot head. Using a couple of toothpicks, secure it to the cucumber neck.
- Trim a radish and cut it in half. Break a toothpick in half. Use the toothpick halves to secure each radish half to the robot body creating his shoulders. Leave ends of the toothpicks sticking out to attach the arms to.
- Trim the stalk of celery and cut in half. Use the celery as arms of the robot and attach at the radish shoulders.
- Trim another radish and cut in half. Break a toothpick in half. Place both toothpick halves in the radish and place on the robot head creating an ear. Repeat with the other radish half. You need 2 pieces of toothpick in each to prevent it from spinning when you attach the antennas.
- Cut the last radish making 5 round disks. Trim off the red edge of 2 disks making 2 white eyes. Secure the head using a toothpick broken in half. Place blueberries on the end to make the pupil of the eyes.
- Cut the baby carrot to the desired shape for the robot nose. Secure with a half of a toothpick.
- Use some of the red trim of the radish to make the eyes and secure to the robot head creating a mouth.
- Place a toothpick in the top of the robot ears and cover the toothpicks with pieces of green onion. Top each toothpick with a grape tomato creating the robot antenna.
- Secure the remaining 3 disks of radish to the robots chest.
- Secure the last 2 inch piece of cucumber to the top of the robots head for his hair.
It works best to use broken pieces of toothpicks to secure the small items in the robot