- 1 seedless watermelon
- 1 cake stand
- Eggplant (I used 12)
- 1 wire hanger (like the kind from the dry cleaner)
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 can large black olives, drained
- 3 sprigs of mint
- Cut off both ends of the watermelon then place the watermelon on one of the cut ends. This will be the base. Then with a straight cut, cut the rind off of 2 sides of the watermelon. The cut sides will be the front and back of the purse. Place the watermelon on your cake stand.
- Then using toothpicks secure the eggplants, leafy end up, all around the watermelon creating the hand bag. If securing to the cut side of the watermelon place the toothpick in the eggplant and then secure. If securing on a part of the watermelon with rind, place the toothpick in the watermelon then press the eggplant on the toothpick to secure. I used 10 eggplants to build the base of my handbag.
- Then shape the wire in the shape of a “U” to make the handle of the handbag. Thread olives on the wire just like beads. Then insert the 2 ends of the wire into the watermelon creating the beaded handle of the handbag.
- Carefully break off 2 stalks of the fennel bulb. Cut these to create the heel of the shoes.
- Cut out part of 2 eggplant creating the inside of the shoes. The leafy part will be where you will attach the fennel heels.
- Then on the rounded end of the eggplant trim to made the flat tip of the shoe. Secure the fennel heel to each shoe using a toothpick.
- Use the 3 springs of mint to decorate the tips of the shoes and the handbag.