- 4 ounces of your favorite chocolate (I used semi-sweet chocolate)
- 2 teaspoons store-bought hot chocolate powder (I used milk chocolate powder)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups ice cube
- slightly sweetened whipped cream
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and melt in microwave on low heat. Once melted, add hot chocolate mix and sugar, stirring constantly until thoroughly blended.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup milk, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In blender, place the remaining 1 cup milk, room-temperature chocolate mixture and ice. Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri. Enjoy! (This recipe made a large blender full – I got around 4 (8 oz.) servings from one batch.)