- 1 (15.25 oz) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3.9 oz) box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 (16 oz) container sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10- inch bundt pan with butter or shortening and lightly dust with flour or spray with a baking spray. I prefer the baking spray, it includes flour in the spray. Set pan aside.
- In the bowl, whisk the cake mix and pudding mix together. Add in the sour cream, eggs, oil, and water. Mix together with a mixer for 2 minutes.Fold in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then invert the pan onto a plate. Cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting – In a bowl beat the butter, cocoa powder and powdered sugar until combined. Add in the vanilla and cream and beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until creamy. Spread over the top half of the cooled cake. Serves 12.