- 1/2 Tbsp. dry active yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbps. melted butter
- seasonings (I used Johnny’s Garlic Spread & Seasoning found it at Costco or Sam’s)
- Place yeast, water, sugar, and salt in bowl and stir until dissolved.
- Add flour and stir until well blended. Do not knead. Cover and let rise until double in size (about 1 hour).
- Remove dough from bowl and place into a well greased 9×13 baking dish. Don’t worry about being perfect; you’re going for rustic look. You want indentations all over the dough. Drizzle melted butter over the dough. Use a brush if needed to coat the entire top.
- Now sprinkle the top with desired seasonings. I used Johnny’s seasoning which is a combination of Parmesan cheese and Italian seasonings.
- Let rise an additional hour. Then bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until golden. Invert bread onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely. The use in foccacia sandwich recipe above.