- For the chicken:
- 4–6 NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (i used 3 NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts)
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2½ Tablespoons lime juice
- 2½ Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle pepper, ground, dry
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- For the quesadillas:
- 4 12-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup black beans, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup applewood-smoked bacon, fully-cooked, diced
- Serve with – guacamole
- Preheat open-flame grill to medium-low.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, lime and orange juices, chipotle pepper and salt; whisk to blend. Add the chicken thighs (or breasts) and toss to evenly coat.
- Grill the seasoned chicken thigh pieces for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat diagonally slice chicken. Transfer sliced chicken to a clean container and set aside.
- To assemble the quesadillas: Lay flour tortillas on a clean work surface. Evenly divide Cheddar cheese, black beans, and chicken over half of the tortilla. Top with bacon. Fold to close (half-moon style).
- Using a long spatula, place the folded quesadilla on an open flame grill and heat for 3 minutes on each side or until the cheese is melted. (or fry in a skillet) Cut into four wedges. Serve with guacamole. Serves 4.