- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp oil (I use canola or olive oil)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of cooked meat ( I used one 4 oz pkg of Hormel Pizza Toppings Italian Sausage Crumbles)
- fresh or died herbs to taste (I mixed in some fresh basil)
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- marinara or pizza sauce to serve with
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the honey, oil, water, yeast, and garlic salt together. Then mix in the flour. Once mixed knead the dough for a minute or two.
- Divide dough into 6 easy pieces. Roll each ball out into and 8 inch circle using extra flour if needed.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, meat, and herbs.
- Take 1/2 cup of filling and place on half of each rolled out 8 inch round of dough.
- Fold other half of dough over each round and seal seams.
- Dust cookie sheet with corn meal and place calzones on cookie sheet.
- Brush tops of calzones with olive oil and sprinkle each with 1 Tbsp of the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 475 for 10 to 12 minutes. until golden. Allow to set for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with marinara or pizza sauce for dipping. Serves 6.