- 10–12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- 3–4 chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 5 tsp sugar
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- Cut 3-4 chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds) into 2 inch cubes. Place them in a gallon sized freezer bag and sprinkle with the sea salt. Close the bag and toss the chicken to coat. Then place in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes. This will help flavor the chicken and to keep it tender.
- Slice 4 strips of bacon into 2 inch pieces. Place them into a food processor and process until it turns into a thick paste. I know you are questioning this but just trust me.
- Add the paprika, smoked paprika and sugar to the bacon paste and pulse until it is mixed in.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and pat the chicken dry. Then add the dry chicken to another gallon sized freezer bag. Add in the seasoning/paste mixture. Seal the bag and toss the chicken until well coated.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees. Take a large piece of foil and spray it with cooking spray. Carefully slide the sheet of foil onto the grill.
- Set the chicken skewers on the foil. Cook about 8 minutes per side. When the chicken has cooked through brush each skewer with BBQ Sauce and cook for 2-3 additional minutes to caramelized the sauce on the skewers. Serves 5-6.