- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 Eggo Homestyle or Buttermilk Waffles, thawed
- 12 thin slices turkey breast
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 12 slices Black Forest or other ham
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberry or strawberry jam
- In a wide, shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk to combine.
- Lay out 4 Eggo Waffles on a work surface and top each with 2 slices turkey, 1 slice cheese, 2 slices ham. Then top each with one of the remaining 4 Eggo Waffles.
- Warm a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Melt butter (if pan is not large enough to accommodate all 4 sandwiches, melt half of butter and cook sandwiches in 2 batches). When butter sizzles, swirl pan to coat.
- Carefully dip each sandwich in egg mixture, turning to lightly coat both sides. Shake off excess egg mixture.
- Lay sandwiches in hot pan. Cook, turning once, until sandwiches are well-browned on both sides.
- To serve, cut sandwiches in half and sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve jam alongside sandwiches for dipping. Serves 4.