- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3–4 Tbsp eggnog
- additional cinnamon, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (this is not a typo – 300 is the correct temp for these cookies)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter together with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add in the eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks. Beat with mixer until smooth.
- Then add the nutmeg, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix in just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. You want to make these cookies on the smaller size because the dough does spread. I made mine around 1 1/2 Tbsp.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until edges just start to brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet and allow to cool.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and eggnog to create the glaze.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies and sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired. Makes 3 dozen cookies.