- ½ pound pork sausage
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 4 cups shredded frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 cup shredded cheddar-jack cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add a teaspoon of oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until slightly softened.
- Add sausage to the skillet and cook until no longer pink, breaking up into small pieces as it cooks. Drain off any excess grease.
- Spray an 11×7 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread frozen hash browns in the bottom of the dish. Then sprinkle the sausage over the hash browns followed by the shredded cheese.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs, milk and a pinch of salt and pepper together. Pour egg mixture evenly into the casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until eggs are set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serves 8.
For make ahead casserole – Prepare as directed in steps 1-4. Cover dish tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes, uncovered. Let stand before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American