- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant french vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) package graham crackers
- 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp milk or more if needed
- In a bowl, blend together the pudding mixes and milk for 2 minutes until thick.
- Fold the Cool Whip into the pudding mixture.
- In a 9 x 13 pan, arrange graham cracker to cover the bottom of a the pan. I am kind of a perfectionist about this and trim down some of the graham crackers with a serrated knife to completely cover the bottom. Just cover the bottom the best you can.
- Pour half of the pudding mixture over the crackers and spread out evenly.
- Top pudding with another layer of graham crackers. Pour the remaining pudding mixture over the crackers and spread evenly.
- Place one more layer of graham crackers over the pudding mixture.
- Prepare the frosting. In a bowl, beat the butter until fluffy.
- Beat in the cocoa, vanilla, and half the powdered sugar until well blended.
- Blend in the remaining powdered sugar and milk. Blend until smooth. You want the frosting to be on the thinner side so add some more milk if needed. You want it closer to a glaze but still thick.
- Spread the frosting over the last layer of graham crackers in the 9 x 13 pan.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours but overnight or even longer is best. You need to let the pudding mixture soften the graham crackers.