Click here to get you WW personal points for this recipe.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp basil pesto
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 (28 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups ditalini pasta noodles (or other small pasta)
- 5 oz baby spinach
- Add olive oil to a soup pot and heat over medium heat. Add the diced onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic and until fragrant. Add in the salt, pepper, basil pesto and Italian seasoning to the pot and stir well.
- Add the vegetable broth and stir well. Add the crushed tomatoes and stir well. Bring to a boil.
- Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and add the ditalini pasta to the pot.
- Stir well and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the baby spinach to the pot and stir well.
- Leave the soup to continue cooking for an additional 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, top each bowl with some shredded Parmesan cheese. Serves 6.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian