- 2 cups instant rice
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 pkg Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage, diagonally cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 pkg frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Cook rice according to package instructions and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil with the crushed garlic. Add in the smoked sausage and cook until sausage is browned.
- Stir in the pepper, onion, broccoli, water and tomato sauce. Simmer for about 10 minutes until vegetables are tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the prepared rice to the skillet, sprinkle with cheese and serve. Serves 4-6.