- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water 110 degrees F/45 degrees C
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ – ½ cup pizza sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups desired toppings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl add warm water, add yeast, sugar, and salt. Stir together and let stand until creamy, about 5-10 minutes.
- In another mixing bowl, add flour, olive oil and stir in the yeast mixture.
- Stir until it starts to come together, then knead until smooth.
- Let rest for 5 minutes. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer dough to a sheet pan and press the dough to fit the pan.
- Place crust in a 450 degree oven and bake for 10 minutes. Spread sauce on dough and top with desired toppings. Place back in the oven and bake another 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and the crust is a nice golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then cut and serve. Serves 8.