- 1 loaf French or Italian bread
- 1 lb oven roasted turkey
- 1/2 lb provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Place the bottom half on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Top the bottom half with cheese followed by the turkey.
- Spread the pesto over the top half of the bread. Then place onto of the turkey. Place another baking sheet on top of the sandwich with the rimmed side facing up. Press down on the sandwich. Place a heavy oven safe pot, cast iron skillet, or a pizza stone on top of the baking sheet to add weight to press the sandwich. Place the whole thing in the 350 degree oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the sandwich is toasty warm and the cheese is melted. Carefully remove the pot or pizza stone and the top baking tray. Transfer the sandwich to a cutting board and cut into slices. Serves 6.