- 6 oz of softened cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 (7 oz) pkgs Martha White Chocolate Chip Flavored Muffin Mix
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and beat until combined. Set mixture aside.
- In another bow, add the muffin mix and cocoa powder and stir to combine.
- Add the vinegar to the milk and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and red food coloring to the mix mix and stir until combined.
- Fill the lined muffin cups 2/3 of the way with the muffin batter.
- Now, top each muffin with a Tbsp of the cream cheese mixture. Then use a knife to mix and swirl in the cream cheese mixture to each muffin.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 16-18 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Makes 1 dozen muffins.