- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lb potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8″ thick I used Yukon gold)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with butter.
- In a medium glass bowl combine the heavy cream, garlic, butter, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Place the sliced potatoes in three tight slightly slanted rows. Pour the cream mixture evenly over the potatoes.
- Cover them with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove the foil, top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20 minutes more minutes or until potatoes are done, nice and golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the thyme.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American