- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 of an 8 oz bag fresh spinach (or use the whole bag if you love spinach)
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced Italian tomatoes (I used the kind with basil, garlic, and oregano)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) package dry linguine noodles
- 1/2 Tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional for spice
- pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Add the spinach, tomatoes, onion, garlic and pasta to the boiling broth.
- Help the pasta, once it bring to soften, to get down in the broth.
- Add the basil, oregano, red pepper flakes (if desired), and pepper to taste.
- Bring it all back to a boil over medium heat and let it cook about 20 minutes. Cook until most of the broth is absorbed and the pasta is tender.
- Serve in bowls and top with shredded parmesan cheese.