- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp garlic, minced (optional)
- In a bowl, add warm water, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl. Stir to combine and allow to sit for 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Add in olive oil, yogurt, egg, salt and 2 cups of flour. Stir together until smooth.
- Next, add enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead a few times on a floured counter until smooth.
- Place dough in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Preheat a skillet to medium heat.
- Cut dough into eight pieces. On a floured surface, roll out each piece into a 6″ circle.
- Cook each circle for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on the bottom. Flip over and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Brush the top (the bubbly side) of each naan with melted butter.If desired, add garlic to the butter before brushing. Makes 8 pieces.
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: Indian