- 1 pkg. golden vanilla cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz) dry instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. butter flavoring (found with the extracts at the store)
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 cup poppyseeds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp butter flavoring
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1–2 Tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, sour cream, canola oil, butter flavoring, and almond extract. Beat with a hand mixer for 2 minutes. Batter will be thick.
- Add the poppyseeds and blend until well combined.
- Place batter in prepared (grease or grease and flour if needed) mini bundt pans. I find it works best to place the batter in a gallon sized freezer bag. Then snip off the corner and pipe the batter into the pans. Fill the pan 2/3 full with batter. (Since I only have one mini bundt pan, I had to do this 3 times to get the 36 cakes)
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cakes to cool for 2 minutes and then remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a bowl combine the glaze ingredients until well blended and drizzle over cooled cake 1 hour before serving allowing glaze to set.
You can also use raspberries to garnish the mini bundts before serving.
To prepare as a regular bundt, spray pan with “Pam for Baking”. Be sure it is the “baking” variety. I find this works best to ensure the cake will not stick to the pan. Pour batter in the pan and cook for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow the cake to cool in the bundt pan for 10 minutes then invert onto onto cooling rack.