- Add oil to a large saucepan. Cook over medium until hot.
- Add the rice to the oil and cook while stirring until rice begins to lightly brown.
- Mix in the garlic, salt, and cumin to the rice and cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Mix in the tomato sauce, chicken broth, and cilantro with the rice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cover.
- Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Serves 8.