- 2 cups Thai jasmine-scented white rice (note that other types of rice, such as brown rice, do not work for this recipe)
- 1 1/2 cups good-quality coconut milk (not “lite”)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Place rice in rice cooker. Add the water, coconut milk, sugar and salt. Stir well (use a plastic or wooden utensil to avoid scraping off the non-stick surface).
- Cover and set to cook.
- Once your rice cooker switches to “warm” mode, allow another 8-10 minutes for rice to finish “steaming”. This will ensure your coconut rice is fully cooked and pleasantly sticky.
- Gently fluff with chopsticks before serving. Serves 4-5