- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups or 32 oz of chicken broth
- 1 cups water
- a splash of browning sauce (like Kitchen Bouquet), optional
- 1–1 1/2 lbs sliced deli turkey
- In a large pan or skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Then mix in poultry seasoning and pepper.
- Slowly add in the flour while whisking until smooth and combined.
- Slowly add in the broth and water while whisking and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and simmer until the gravy has thickened.
- Add in the sliced turkey and allow to warm in the gravy.
- Serve over thick sliced bread (like Texas Toast) with mashed potatoes. Serves 4-6.